Sunday 17 August 2014

Advice I'd Give My 12 Year Old Self

I think 12 years old is a difficult time for everyone. You've just gone up to secondary school, puberty starts to kick in and a whole bunch of other stuff just seems to happen to us at this tender age. For me, my parents had just split up and I was starting to clash with people at school. Here's a few things I would say if I had the chance to sit down with my 12 year old self. 
  1. Stop worrying about how you look. And stop with the glitter liquid eyeliner - it's conjunctivitis waiting to happen.
  2.  Stop straightening and bleaching your hair - years later you'll regret the damage you've done and wish you'd embraced your natural, curly hair.
  3. Actually do the work you've been given. Just because you were on the 'Gifted and Talented' list in primary school doesn't make you a genius. Learn to study and revise now instead of years later. 
  4. Try to enjoy secondary school, it will be the easiest and probably the best years of your life. 
  5. And stop falling out with people. Learn to stop holding a grudge and to be able to let things go.
  6. Do not take part in that talent show. It will haunt you for years.
  7. Stop liking and joining groups/pages on Facebook, you'll still be unliking well into 2014.
  8. And finally, stop stressing out. Please. 
As you can probably tell, it would be more of a stern talking to than a gentle chat. I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you'd like to see more of this type of thing!

What would you tell your younger self?

- Millie xx

1 comment:

  1. 12 years old wasn't too bad for me. I'd probably tell myself to get interested in makeup earlier so I'd have a bigger collection now because all I knew was to put mascara on the eyes. I'd also tell myself not to have such tragic hair xx

    http://miss-jordanocean.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete