Wednesday 2 July 2014

Rainbow Run

On Sunday me and my little sister, Alice, took part in the Rainbow Run in aid of Children's Hospice South West. We've both done charity work for them before through the little cafe we both work in so we knew it was an excellent charity and that they do amazing work. Also, the fact is was a Rainbow Run was also very appealing as we both spend way too long than is acceptable lusting over the Tumblr photos of events like these so when we heard about this, we entered straight away. If you don't know what a Rainbow Run is, basically you run/jog/walk however far whilst having powder paint thrown at you whilst weaing white clothing. The aim of the game is to be as messy and as colourful as possible and it's just oodles of fun. Prepare your intake of breath, this post will be very photo heavy. Ok, I didn't actually take the photos (my lovely boyfriend did) but it's a step in the right direction.


 Alice being Alice gave it her all and probably ended up being the most covered in paint. But we've discovered that she suits pink hair.

 "This actually looks kind of cool despite that fact my hair looks and feels disgusting."

Sneaky picture.

"We've actually bloody finished it!"

 The 'after' photo. Yes, I am aware that my legs look like cheese puffs.

The Children's Hospice South West website is here if you wish to take a browse through the gallery (they have some seriously cool photos) and find out more about the charity as a whole.

All in all, I am so glad me and Alice decided to spontaneously enter this amazing event. It was such a good day and was for such a good cause, sign us up again for next year!

- Millie xx


No comments:

Post a Comment