Sunday 29 June 2014

Mini Beauty Haul

Yes. I've been spending again. But it's only a little haul so I can just about justify it. The reason I wanted a few new beauty bits is that my Sixth Form Leavers Prom is coming up very soon and I like to get a few new products for every big event. Also there was a deal on for Rimmel products, so how could I resist?


So the first items I picked up were the three Rimmel products. The deal I mentioned earlier was that if you spent £9 or more you got a free bronzer. Therefore I decided to go for the Wake Me Up Foundation in Ivory. I've wanted to try this foundation for ages and the look I wanted for prom was a natural glowy look and the reviews I've read of this foundation seem to fit that look perfectly. I haven't used this foundation enough to give you my opinion on it but I'm sure I'll do a review once I've used it a bit more.

I also picked up the Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer. I didn't actually own an eyeshadow primer - shock horror - and I thought this might be a good place to start as it's cheap and cheerful. I quickly tried this out as soon as I got home and my first thought on this was that it took a while to dry. When it eventually did dry, I applied some eyeshadow and it honestly made the colour much more opaque. I can't comment on the staying power yet but I will let you know.

And the purchase of these two items left me with a free Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze. Although I love my Bourjois bronzer I have a feeling that this might overtake that as my favourite bronzer for the summer as it's far less orangey and gives a really nice glow with the smallest amount of product. And because it's matte, it's great for contouring. 

The final beauty product I picked up was the Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay 7 Days nail varnish in Hot Salsa - blimey, that's a mouthful. This is such a pretty summer colour and is just the right mixture of red and pink. This is also one of thoses colours that just makes your hands looked so tanned, even if you're a pale as me.

Hope you enjoyed this post! What makeup products have you been buying recently?

- Millie xx

2 comments:

  1. I hope you like the foundation I think it's great. Also beautiful colour choice of nail polish xx

    http://miss-jordanocean.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty much the only foundation I've used since I bought it!
      - Millie xx

      Delete