Tuesday 16 September 2014

5 Things I've Learnt From 5 Months of Blogging


Ooh, that's a long title. So today is Corkscrew Curls' 5 month birthday! I've enjoyed having a blog so much more than I ever thought I would and although I know I haven't always been consistent *slaps hand* I definitely know that I'm going to carry on. SoI thought I'd share a few things I've learnt in the first five months.
  1. Yes, use your blog as a outlet for everything but don't turn it into a bitchfest, No one wants to read that.
  2. Don't read too much into Google Analytics. As long as you enjoy your blog and you're proud of it, who cares how many followers you have?
  3. Be organised. Notebooks, diaries, calenders, graphs, tables. Find your preferred way of organising and stick to it!
  4. Don't stress yourself out trying to strictly keep to your blogging schedule. Take a few days off if you're feeling uninspired. You're only human and I'm sure your readers won't mind. 
  5. Have fun with it and don't turn blogging into a chore. You started because you wanted to, not because you had to. Start as you mean to go on.
Thank you for reading this post, hope you enjoyed it!

-Millie xx

4 comments:

  1. I've been blogging for just over three months, and I gotta say I 100% agree with all that you've said within this post, I'm currently having a go at the whole notepad organisation thing, but I just feel that I'm the most unorganised person ever, but I'm determined to sort myself out because I love planning and writing posts <3

    Oooohhh, and congratulations on your five month birthday :D

    http://beautyoutlookxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you just have to try different ways of organisation and find what's best for you! And thank you so much!
      - Millie xx

      Delete
  2. Congrats on 5 months of blogging! I totally agree with all these, but i'm still struggling to ignore google analytics!
    - F - www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think Google Analytics is helpful in a lot of ways like seeing what posts are popular and what isn't, but don't obsess over your follower count and your pageviews so much - I know I did!
      - Millie xx

      Delete